- Prepare by reading and understanding the job description before the interview. To come unprepared for an interview gives a disinterested, sloppy and generally negative first impression.
- Visit the company website/platform and prepare questions and an eventual discussion.
- Never go around a recruiter and contact the customer directly. More often than not this practice backfires. The customer has purposely made an effort to enlist the help of a recruiter which should always be respected.
- Avoid unnecessary or overly negative comments about your current or previous employer. Such remarks tend to be perceived as bitter and can raise questions about loyalty among other things.
- Write an easy-to-read cv/resumé. Briefly describe your responsibilities and specific achievements for each job experience. Avoid sending in your CV only mentioning a job title and company. Responsibilities vary within job titles and across industries and your key competences may be overlooked.
- Be transparent and honest!